Saturday, June 25, 2016

9 States and 6 National Parks in 10 Days

Today we are fortunate enough to have a guest post from bloggers Oksana & Dimitri, of 


Check out all Oksana & Dimitri's inspirational thoughts and pics at: 


Instagram - www.instagram.com/travelize.me/
Facebook - www.facebook.com/oksana.buniak

About Oksana & Dimitri...


Yosemite National Park
Photo: @travelize.me
My name is Oksana, I was born in Kiev, raised in Prague, studied in Kiev, then worked and lived in London, and finally I moved to SoCal 3 years ago. I spent 3.5 years on business trips around the world and that’s when I felt in love with traveling. I’ve been to 41 countries, 39 states + Washington DC, and 21 US National Parks so far.

Currently I work as a Business Analyst. Most of all I enjoy traveling (of course) and capturing the best places on photos. My husband and I are big sports enthusiasts. We regularly go snowboarding, enjoy kitesurfing and make first progress in surfing.


My husband Dimitri is a Software Engineer and he’s much better than me in all those activities listed above  And if you see a photo which you really like then it was most probably taken by him.



**Make sure you click on each days link to read a more detailed description of the the days events.**




Flight: Orange County, SNA –> Salt Lake City; Denver, DEN –> Orange County, SNA



Duration: 10 days
Mileage: ~3200
Starting point: Salt Lake City, UT
States: UT, ID, WY, MT, ND, SD, NE, KS, CO
Budget for 2 people: $1953 ($22.5* flight,  $500 car rental, $700 hotels, $300 gas, $330 food, $100 other)








Day 0: flight from Orange County, SNA to Salt Lake City, SLC; night walk in the downtown

  • Day 1: explore Salt Lake City, UT; drive to Jackson, WY via Idaho Falls, ID (300 mi,5 h)
  • Day 2: explore Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park; stay in Jackson, WY
  • Day 3: continue exploring Yellowstone; drive to Hungry Horse, MT (550 mi, 10 h)
  • Day 4: explore Glacier National Park; stay in Hungry Horse, MT
  • Day 5: continue exploring Glacier National Park; stay in Cut Bank, MT
  • Day 6: drive to Dickinson, ND (530 mi, 9h)
  • Day 7: explore Theodore Roosevelt National Park; drive to Rapid City, SD (240 mi, 4 h); explore Mount Rushmore, SD
  • Day 8 : explore Wind Cave National Park and Badlands National Park; stay in Rapid City
  • Day 9: drive to Denver, CO via Nebraska and Kansas (560 mi, 10h)
  • Day 10: explore Boulder, CO; flight back home from DEN

* We had Southwest points to use thus we paid airfare taxes only





No comments:

Post a Comment