Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Would you rather sit beside a "larger" person on a flight or a crying baby?

Would You Rather Wednesday!


Luckily for us neither of these situations have happened to us. I love a window seat so that I can sleep during a flight. And boy do I sleep. I slept nine out of the eleven hours last summer. Yes, I know I am lucky. Okay back to the point. I usually get the window seat, and Richard takes the middle. He generously realizes he will be up anyways watching movies, so he might as well let me enjoy a good rest if I can.

If anything he ends up beside the strangers. He hasn't had too bad of luck though so far. Sure a middle aged man may have almost fallen asleep on his shoulder, but it could be worse. Richard gets restless, so he is beginning to prefer an aisle seat. We either compromise: I get window one way and he gets aisle another or when it is a longer flight we have even sat separately once. Nothing is worse than being uncomfortable, squished by a stranger, or listening to crying for hours on end while being stuck in an already tight space.

We are not completely insensitive, we get it people have to travel with their little ones sometimes. Sure there are "bigger boned" people out there. But lets not pretend that when you see a baby or "larger" person walking towards that empty seat beside you, that your heart sinks a little and you all of a sudden are dreading the long flight even more.

Our choice(s):

If I had to choose, I would choose the crying baby. Why? Because I am betting on them being quiet for at least some of the flight.

If Richard had to choose, he would also choose a baby as well. Who knows, maybe the flight attendant warms a bottle for the little loud speaker a puts a drop of bourbon in. Night, Night little one. Finally I can get back to binge watching a series during the flight!

Photo: @conciergecouple


No comments:

Post a Comment