Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Would You Rather Have Hot Dogs and Champagne or Hot Dogs and Soda?

Would You Rather Have Hot Dogs and Champagne or Hot Dogs and Soda?

I love hot dogs. I wish I didn't. I know what they are made of, I know they are not the healthiest choice for someone who tries to "eat clean" most days, but I can't help what my mind and mouth wants. The hot dog is often associated with North American culture and they are often found at campsites, BBQ's, picnics, kids birthdays, and sporting events. 

Hot Dogs and Soda


When Richard and I were in Toronto, we went for a long bike ride by the Harbourfront. On our walk back to the hotel we realize just how hungry we are after the long ride. There is a Toronto Blue Jays game scheduled for that day, so as we weave our way through the crowds of blue and white we see hundreds of people with a ballpark hot dog in one hand and a giant cold soda in the other. Yum! If we didn't have plans to visit the St. Lawrence market for something more "sophisticated", we would have caved right there. 

Hot Dogs and Champagne

We, I mean I, spend a lot of time researching restaurants before we travel to a new city or destination. I make reservations where necessary and hope for the best at others. We often do not gravitate to fancy restaurants, unless the scenery is incredible or we are looking to celebrate. When we were planning to visit London, England there were so many restaurants to choose from. It's a "foodie" city for sure. I came across a little restaurant called: Bubbledogs. It is exactly what it sounds like, a restaurant that serves hot dogs and champagne. In fashion they call it mixing high and low, in food culture its just a fun yet surprising combination that works.

Photo: @conciergecouple


There are five champagnes to choose from if buying by the glass. If you are in the mood for a bottle, there are more than 58 types to choose from. We each ordered a glass of Rose and began to view the hot dog menu. Again, there are 17 different choices and then some sides to choose from. Each hot dog is about £8.  Between us we sampled 4 hot dogs with a side of togarashi tots and coleslaw. Overall a great and unique casual dinner. 
Photo: @conciergecouple



Our choice?

Hot dogs and champagne. 


No comments:

Post a Comment